[LSST|dm-users 576] Re: pipe_tasks 10.0+1 build error

Will Dawson will at dawsonresearch.com
Wed Feb 11 22:18:11 PST 2015

Paul,

Sorry for not being more explicit in my previous email. I was trying to get it out quickly before I left for my son’s basketball practice.

Yes, and I ran through the Testing the Installation <https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/Testing+the+Installation> process which produced results (although they did not match the expected results since the expected results were apparently produced with a version of the stack beyond 10.0).

>> 2) run eups distrib install -t v10_0 lsst_apps -> result: reported error building pipe_tasks-10.0+1
>> 3) delete previous eups code builds form 9.2
>
> What do you mean by "delete previous eups code builds", specifically?

I simply rm ‘d the folders and their files in the $INSTALL_DIR/DarwinX86 folder. Clearly I am new to eups. It became obvious that this was not the correct thing to do when I later ran eups distrib and it complained that it could not find various program versions despite being seen in the environment.

>> 4) run unset LSST_HOME EUPS_PATH LSST_DEVEL EUPS_PKGROOT REPOSITORY_PATH
>> 5) run eups distrib install -t v10_0 lsst_apps -> result: reported error building pipe_tasks-10.0+1
>
> How do you run "eups distrib" without EUPS_PATH and EUPS_PKGROOT set?

Sorry I left off the step where I sourced loadLSST.bash before running eups disturb.

> Can you install pipe_tasks 10.0+1 from a clean environment?

I get the same error when I ran eups distrib install pipe_tasks 10.0+1 from a clean environment.

Thank you,
Will