[LSST|dm-users 608] bug in matplotlib and how to proceed with stack

Alex Kim agkim at lbl.gov
Wed May 6 16:14:03 PDT 2015

Perhaps you can help with a technical issue. I installed the LSST stack including the internal anaconda.  Unfortunately, the matpllotlib in that distribution has a bug

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18643417/matplotlib-not-working-after-successful-installation-on-mountain-lion

which is  preventing me from working with the stack.

Is there a proper way to use a version of the LSST stack with an internal matplotlib v1.3 or fixed matplotlib? Or is there any problem mixing the current stack with my own default anaconda installation?

Cheers,
Alex