[LSST|dm-users 621] Re: Error when Running Chris Walter's: Introduction to the DM AFW packages ipython notebook

Dominique Boutigny boutigny at in2p3.fr
Thu May 7 14:33:19 PDT 2015

Hi Will,

As far as I know, v10_1 will be released in a couple of days so I don't
think that you should invest too much time in v10_0. In the mean time
you can use v10_1_rc3 which is very close to v10_1, either by installing
it directly
(https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/LSST+Software+User+Guide)
or even simpler using the CernVMFS distrib : see
https://github.com/airnandez/lsst-cvmfs
With the later, once CernVMFS is installed you have nothing to build,
the packages are loaded on demand from the network, so this takes a
little bit of time the first time, but then it is cached on your local
disk and it is as fast as a local install.

Dominique