[LSST|dm-users 650] Re: List/Description of Available Algorithm Names

Will Dawson will at dawsonresearch.com
Tue May 12 21:06:10 PDT 2015

Jim,

> And if you have any trouble with those repos, Perry Gee (who I happen to know is somewhat local for you) would probably be a good resource in getting them working, as he was the one who did a lot of the work in getting them working again recently.

Perry was very instructive today and the reason I now know that I should be using meas.base rather than meas.algorithms among other things.

> — If so then what algorithms.names should I use if I want to specify meas_modelfit or one of the extensions? I don’t a plugins.py file in these repositories like I do in meas_base.
>

> If you import those packages into Python, they'll register themselves in the list of available algorithms, and then you can get the complete list (and its configuration) by inspecting an instance of SingleFrameMeasurementConfig (i.e. look in the .plugins dict).

— Is there any plan to document the available measurement algorithms, what they are based on, and how to instantiate them?

— Is it helpful having users let you know what types of documentation they would like? I realize the developers are in the thick of code development and documentation might be a task that is being saved for later after things have settled, and documentation requests might be a bother now.

— If documentation requests are useful, then where or to whom should the requests be made?

Thanks again,
Will