[LSST|dm-users 651] Re: List/Description of Available Algorithm Names

Jonathan Sick jonathansick at mac.com
Tue May 12 21:20:42 PDT 2015

> On May 13, 2015, at 12:06 AM, Will Dawson <will at dawsonresearch.com> wrote:
>
> — Is there any plan to document the available measurement algorithms, what they are based on, and how to instantiate them?
>
> — Is it helpful having users let you know what types of documentation they would like? I realize the developers are in the thick of code development and documentation might be a task that is being saved for later after things have settled, and documentation requests might be a bother now.
>
> — If documentation requests are useful, then where or to whom should the requests be made?
>
> Thanks again,
> Will

Hi Will,

I recently got hired to handle LSST DM's documentation and user outreach. I'll be starting in August.

Needless to say, we know that documentation is sorely lacking, and from a user's perspective, is essentially non-existent. The docs will look entirely differently and will include topical guides/tutorials along with rich API documentation.

If you want to be a doc tester, or have specific concerns, you can email me or Frossie (but again, I won't start work until August).

Cheers,
Jonathan