[lsst-dm-stack-users] Changes to make sub-images less clunky

Heather Kelly heather625 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 17:22:52 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Robert Lupton the Good <
rhl at astro.princeton.edu> wrote:

> FYI, after the SLAC demo I felt really embarrassed by
>         subIm = im.Factory(afwGeom.BoxI(afwGeom.PointI(10, 20),
> afwGeom.PointI(20, 30)))
> to get a subimage.  I realised that this wasn't necessary, and the latest
> afw supports
>         subIm = im[10:20, 20:30]
> or
>         im[12:15, :] = -1
>
> A side effect is that
>         im[10, 20] = 10
> and
>         print float(im[20, 30])
> also work.

So such updates would be available in the latest version of the v6_1 tag?
As a relative newbie - what would be the appropriate way to do a diff on
the stack so one could see what changes have occurred since the SLAC
workshop?  Is it best to just peek at the nitty gritty git diff on a per
package basis via something like:
https://dev.lsstcorp.org/cgit/LSST/DMS/afw.git/log/
Or do a diff at the command line against a version of, say afw, that one
might already installed?
Or is there some top-level release notes that might give us an overview of
new interesting modifications across packages for v6_1?

Poking about the git web interface I don't see reference to v6_1, how does
one determine the current mapping of package versions to v6_1?  I can look
at my current pre-Winter 2013 from December and find things like afw
6.1.1.1+1 which provides me some clues :)  but there must be a sensible way
to do this.

Thanks,
Heather