[lsst-dm-stack-users] Security vs. Summer 2013

Chris Walter chris.walter at duke.edu
Wed Nov 27 13:13:50 PST 2013

This:

"The binaries will be downloaded to /opt/lsst/$PLATFORM (e.g., /opt/lsst/rhel-6-x86_64). You can download to a different directory by setting the environment variable LSST_HOME=/directory/to/download. Note however that this feature is highly experimental."

worked for me for the winter binary distribution before.  If you put the distribution in your home directory or somewhere you have write permission you should be able to just ignore the sudo.

-Chris