[lsst-dm-stack-users] ANN: Summer 2013 Code Release

Dave Monet dgm at nofs.navy.mil
Thu Nov 28 06:41:16 PST 2013

Sorry that Dustin has time to answer my e-mails on T-day.

Well, he was mostly correct.  By default
    > which setup
    /usr/bin/setup
whatever that may be.  So I did
    > setenv LSST_HOME /home/dgm/dm
    > source $LSST_HOME/loadLSST.csh
    > which setup
    setup:   aliased to eval `$EUPS_DIR/bin/eups_setup !*`

Flushed with success, I did
    > cd lsst_dm_stack_demo-7.2.0.0
    > ./bin/demo.sh
obs_sdss does not appear to be setup, or eups is not configured correctly.
Could not find processCcdSdss.py on your path. It is supposed to be in
obs_sdss.

Just to be sure, I did
    > printenv EUPS_DIR
    /home/dgm/dm/eups/1.2.30
so the obvious is not the error.

I tried to do a similar exercise under bash
    > bash
    $ export  LSST_HOME=/home/dgm/dm
    $ source ${LSST_HOME}/loadLSST.sh
    bash: setenv: command not found
so there must be confusing issues as to which shell
I am running vs. which shell LSST thinks I am running.

I did my best to review the instructions on the Web page,
but I just don't see the step on setting up eups given
that (I think that) I have installed the binary RHEL version.

Again, please do not waste precious holiday time on me.
-Dave