[lsst-dm-stack-users] A test development version of Winter'14 stack

Chris Walter chris.walter at duke.edu
Tue Feb 18 18:49:51 PST 2014

Hi Mario,

It looks interesting; I will try it on my Mac.  I'm curious though:

> # If you don't have python >= 2.7 with numpy >= 1.5.1 and
> # matplotlib >=1.2.0, use Anaconda python distribution by installing
> # it manually, or use the LSST-packaged one.
> eups distrib install anaconda
> setup anaconda

What does this actually do?  Will people have a "conda" based system installed or are you stripping continium's packaging system and installing the binaries and libraries which will then be managed via eups?

Also, could I request we get ds9 as an external package we install this way?

Thanks,

-Chris